Sunday, March 6, 2011

I need to put my feet up!

Whew, what a busy week its been. I've been sewing up a storm leaving my poor husband & two dreamlets to live like a single parent family. The washing, cleaning, toys (you get the idea) have all been mounting waiting for me to finish my first Market.


Yup, that's right, I'm no longer a market virgin! I met the most gorgeous thing, Tansy from Matsy Designs, through Facebook and she offered to share her stall with me at the inaugural Treasure Hunt Market, held here in Perth.

I think we both has as much fun setting up the stall as we did preparing the wares to fill it. We went for an Easter theme with fake grass, a picket fence & this fabulous wire tree that we nicknamed the 'truffela tree' because once filled with my Pom Pom clips, it looked like it was from the Dr Zeuss book.


Tansy had some really beautiful pillowcase style dresses with ruffled bloomers & singlets to match. I wish I had more photos of her dresses for you.

I took my hand-felted shaker eggs which are made with WA merino wool, Easter bunny rattle or jingle softies made from felted woolen sweaters (thanks Mum for clearing out your closet of old moth-eaten sweaters), Chiffon Ruffle Bodysuits, Pom pom hairclips & pom pom jingle wands. Whew, you can see why I was busy this week :)


The market was only 3 hours long but I did pretty well for my first one. Lets just say that I can't quit my day job just yet but I can pay my 1/2 of the stall fee & am keen enough to do the next one with Tansy again!

Any hints & tips I can get for next time would be most helpful so come-on & share your wisdom....
Cheers

Amber


2 comments:

  1. So proud of you. Your stuff looks amazing!!! and the display...need I say more. Looks like a good match Mollydagmade and Matsy...so very stoked. Can't wait to hear how it went...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The market stall looked great! I have a market coming up - but not sure my stall would look so fabulous.
    And the website is quite something too.
    Very inspiring.
    xx

    ReplyDelete