Friday, July 29, 2011

All you need is love.....


I wanted to show you my newest quilt - a custom piece for the most gorgeous girl at daycare. Vica has looked after both The Boy and Miss T from when they first went in the babies room. She is so full of patience & love for all the babes when she became pregnant with her first baby and asked if I could make her a quilt, I jumped at it and said Yes!


Her husband is a big Beatles fan (have you guessed??) so when she presented me with this stack of fat quarters bought from Ebay I couldn't wait to dive in a start cutting. I decided to go with Rectangle Squared quilt pattern from Film in the Fridge. The blocks were big enough to accommodate the large pattern in the fabric, but simple enough that I could do! Ha!




It is a fabulous pattern, easy to follow and quick to come together. I love how the white boarder around each block toned down the brightness of the fabrics. Hopefully it doesn't look too garish now & won't give the baby a migraine when lying on it! The backing is a black with small white polka dots. I love the black/white/red combo. The binding really pulled it all together, don't you think?



Excuse the blurry photo of quilt-on-floor. My camera is so S*#t in low-light I took the quilt to my friend Candy to get some good shots in her studio. She managed to get some fabulous shots but then accidentally deleted them from her camera - whoops! I might ask Vica to bring the quilt in next week & I'll take some better photos to show you the quilting & fabrics a little better.


**Edited to add: I just got a message from Vica, she is such a sweetie, look what she wrote-  "Anyway, I just wanted to tell you how much both of us love the beautiful quilt you made for our baby. I keep walking bast it, having another look, imagining the baby all snuggled up snuggled up in it. You are very creative and generous and I wanted you to know how much I appreciate it."


The pleasure is all mine Vica - a true labour of love.


Amber 
XXX

2 comments:

  1. very very very cool. Love the simplicity of this quilt...with a little quirky unexpected-factor too. Great job Am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber! This is amazing! Well done. xo

    ReplyDelete