Thursday, June 28, 2007

All cozy for Winter

bag1Giles is growing fast and has grown out of the sleeping bag Helen lent us (thank you Helen, it has been a godsend!), so I sewed a new one that doubles as a pram liner for winter. I used Bec's liner as inspiration & to get some rough measurements, but from there I had to wing it. No wonder it took several weekends to finish it. It's really hard to think three steps ahead when you are living on chunks of sleep that are less than 3 hours in length (yay for teething & a headcold).

Anyhoo, I'm really pleased with how it turned out. It fits the pram perfectly and is toasty warm for our Perth winters. I made it from two layers of bonded fleece with 3M Thinsulate quilt batting sandwiched between. It has a open ended zip around the foot & snaps (of course) up the sides. This way, you take the cover right off if the weather improves.

I found these Army appliqués of Dad's in with mum's bag of buttons she gave me from her sewing supplies. Aren't they fantastic. Very boyish. Dad was really thrilled to see them find a new life.

2 comments:

  1. oooo ooo oooo....I love the little dog zipper pull...so sweet! Hope G is doing better1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you're really amazing Ami! I love the use of Dad's badges...the idea that the top comes completely off is VERY smart! Well done. Oooohhh I can't wait to be home so I can pull out my machine and get creative agian!!

    ReplyDelete