Monday, April 23, 2007

Shrinky Sweaters

Yep...my new obsession...one of them.


I'm always on the look out now for woolen wovens. My hands run down the racks of hand offs at the Sally Anne, anxiously anticipating the tell tale feel of a woolen sweater. Why? To felt of course. I'm slowly collecting different styles, patterns and colours in order to create wee felted jackets, patchworked together from other's throw aways. I can't adequately describe what is in my mind...so you'll just have to stay tuned.


#1 BEFORE#1 AFTER


I discovered these two sweaters at the Sally Anne my last visit. I excitedly...expectantly stood over the washing machine (not really!) to see what would happen. The bottle green will be added to the collection for further projects...but the pink 1980s Eddie Bauer sweater felted so nicely into a wee girls sweater I can't stop grinning...it's soooooo cute. The weight is perfect for a cool/cold/snowless day, replacing the snow suit jacket the kids live in. Even the buttons are just right. The skier motif is hilarious...I put off putting away my snowboard and learning to ski in fear of looking like this skier... bum out and all! ;)


Button Detail


  Skier Motif


  I'll never look at a rack of horrid, dated sweaters the same again! 


#2 BEFORE#2 AFTER

No comments:

Post a Comment