Well, when you're inspired and have a good tutor you can sure get heaps done in pretty short time! I started cutting out the fabric at 4ish yesterday afternoon and between settling Giles, eating dinner & chatting to Mark, by midnight I'd finished the diaper purse up to this point! Only the handle and velcro closure to go.
I tried out my bias binding maker and it worked pretty well. I'm glad you gave the hint about the longer piece at the back, wow that makes a HUGE difference. Not one bit of bias was missed in the whole bag. It is sure difficult to sew around all those bends and angles though. I'm really pleased with how this turned out. Thanks for the great instructions Jacq. I was running back and forth from the kitchen to the back room with the computer every 5 minutes but I figured it out in the end. I even managed to put the pocket on the right way up!
We're off to Nan & Pops as it is ANZAC day and Mark has the day off. I'll finish it this afternoon and post more pics.
PS. forgot to say that I modified the velcro closure for the wipes container and tucked the ends underneath the container itself and snapped it shut (as one does when they have snaps!) I don't even mind the three snaps as part of the embellishment on the front. If you didn't want them to be visable at all, you could do that too by measuring carefully and snapping the inside fabric before serging them all together. You'll get what I mean when you see the other pics.....
Wednesday, April 25, 2007